Monday, July 14, 2008

Special Wedding Card

Here's a wedding card I put together for some very special friends of mine who got married this last Sunday.



Stampin' Up! sets: Always, In My Thoughts, Wonderful Words

Cardstock: Arctic Snow Cool Metallics by The Paper Company (even more shimmery than SU!'s Shimmer White cardstock!)

Inks: Real Red, Versamark

And: Lace from a friend (thanks, Nikki!), Stampin' Dimensionals, SU!'s Pretties Kit, Embossing Buddy



I began by embossing the branch (seen in red on the envelope) in Pretty Pearls (retired SU!) on the shimmery cardstock. Next I embossed all the red stuff, including the inside sentiment, with detail Ruby Red powder from Bmuse. The two hearts were embossed on a separate piece of cardstock, cut out, then attached to the cardfront with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added the wonderful lace (which I just received in the mail today!) using super sticky tape to keep it in place. The last step was to add the two half pearls with mini glue dots.



This is one of the most elegant cards I've ever made, and I'm honored to be sending it to Marni and Abdellah, who truly deserve all the best!








No comments: