Sunday, November 22, 2009

Merry Moments

I made three more holiday cards over the weekend, all of them with the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper.

This first one is my favorite, probably because of its simplicity. The fir trees were made by punching out a strip of DSP with the Scallop Border punch, then using a square punch at an angle to create sections of the tree with 3, 4, and 5 scallops. Then the sections get layered, and a tree trunk gets added. Voila! Instant fir tree! If I do this again, I hope to remember to sponge the scallops so they're more defined.


Stamp set: Four the Holidays
Colors: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Papers: Merry Moments DSP, Shimmery White cardstock
And: Glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter


ETA: I thought I may have seen the fir trees somewhere while "blurfing" (blog surfing). Luckily, Adela jogged my memory that she recently posted a tutorial, which you can see here. Thanks, Adela!


The other two cards I came up with are "okay," although they're growing on me the more I look at them.




Stamps: Warm Words, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Papers: Merry Moments DSP, Whisper White cardstock
Punches: Jumbo Snowflake, Word Window, Large Oval, Scalloped Oval, 1-3/4" Circle, Round Tab, Ticket Corner
Big Shot: Snowflake from Merry Details Sizzlet
And: Chocolate Chip felt ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear gemstone brad (from the Pretties Kit), red gemstones (from my stash)


3 comments:

rush8888 said...

#2 is my favorite! tray festive!

christina d said...

They're all pretty. I like the first one, of course I like no stamping. Well, just a little! Your snowflake cards are really cute though. Lots of neat color.

Katie Kleber said...

I really like #2, too...great minds think alike, huh rush?

and what a neat idea for the trees.