Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dream a Little

I cracked into my new Dream a Little Stampin' Up! set today; and though I started out just goofing around, I think the end result is a pretty decent card.



The card base is Pirouette Pink layered with Regal Rose DSP from Patterns Pack II. My upline created a supply of Top Note die cuts for me a few months ago, and they've been sitting on my desk just waiting for an opportunity like this. I sponged the top half of a Whisper White one with Bashful Blue and then stamped the leaves in Old Olive and the flowers on the lower right with Regal Rose. I stamped the three large flowers in black and then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to two-step-stamp in Pirouette Pink. I fussy-cutted the three flowers, the Old Olive hummingbird, and the sentiment with my Cutter Bee scissors. The hummingbird and one large flower is popped up on foam dots, giving the card some dimension. I used my fine line glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to jazz up all the flowers. As a final touch, I added a trio of dew drops (*squeal of delight*). Pretty cool, eh?







1 comment:

rush8888 said...

nice composition and colors. lucky you to have a friend press out some of those shapes. do i dare order some dies? i am holding out.