Monday, March 23, 2009

Roof Garden x 13 Cards

Several months ago I decided to treat myself to the SU! Accents & Elements Roof Garden set (retired), which consists of 12 sheets of self-adhesive die cuts that come in an alterable silver tin. This weekend I finally sat down to see what I could accomplish with the die cuts, and the end result is thirteen cards I'm pretty darn proud of.

I'd like to let the pictures speak for themselves, but to be honest the photos are pretty lousy. The problem (besides having an inexpensive camera which was given to me as a gift) is that light tends to bounce off of these slick die cuts, more so than off regular cardstock. If the white flowers and stuff seem to be glowing, that's why. Still, I hope you can get an idea of how great these cards look in real life. If you'd like a better view of the pics, click on them to enlarge.

My other "oops" while taking the photos was in neglecting to take pictures of the insides. I suppose I could say I'm leaving that as a mystery to surprise the recipient(s) of the cards, but I'm just too darn tired to pull out the camera again tonight. I used Bodacious Bouquet, Fresh Cuts, and the single posy from the Three for You Punch Box kit to make coordinating accents on the card insides and envelopes. Really, I did!

Colors: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Other stuff: Sakura Gelly Roll in Stardust; Not Quite Navy brads, white "Dot Candy"; Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch; paper piercing tools; self-adhesive half-back pearls in assorted sizes; white taffeta ribbon; Keytag punch; Scallop Edge punch; several non-SU! stamps for sentiments




















I'll be creating two sets out of these 13 cards and listing them in my online store tomorrow, so "stay tuned" if you're interested!

Update: These cards are now available for purchase at Roof Garden Set 1 and Roof Garden Set 2. Thanks for your interest!

3 comments:

rush8888 said...

beat you! so prolific! wonderful colors. i wonder how you got those strips of prints. first photo: left - the wavy stripes and right - the small flowers. do tell!

Mary said...

very pretty.... great job.

Wendy Hawkinson said...

I love these cards, Joyce. I seen them on Sherrill's website and HAD to find out if there were more here. And there was and they are just as gorgeous!

Smiles,
Wendy