Monday, February 24, 2014

Floral District

I love the Floral District designer series paper by Stampin' Up! -- so much so that I bought multiple packages of it last year before it was retired and then even more this year when it showed up on the Clearance rack. The bold designs are fabulous, and I adore the bursts of color! I've made envelopes with this DSP, and they are such attention-grabbers!

The down side to having so much of this paper is that it takes up room, so in January, while doing some paper reorganizing, I decided to challenge myself to use up a pack. Here's what I came up with:

Card 1: I remembered that the DSP coordinates with the Betsy's Blossoms stamp set, so I pulled that out and used the bird image for the first time. After playing with the images in Betsy's Blossoms, I remember why I just HAD to have the set!


Card 2: This is simple card, as I let color and texture do all the work. I especially liked working with one big banner. Oranges are my least favorite colors, so it was a bit challenging for me to work on a Tangerine Tango card base. I think the envelope is a lot of fun, though.


Card 3: I really liked the big banner idea, so I decided to try another layout using it. The button is made from Stampin' Up!'s clay and mold (so easy to work with!) painted with iridescent paint.


Card 4: Here's another simple card that shows off the Flower Shop set and the Pansy punch. I used my bone folder to curl the petals so in real life this card has a lot of dimension. 


Card 5: Here's a simple any occasion card created by layering lots of different shapes.


Card 6: Here's another card created by layering shapes. I like it even better than Card 5 despite the Tangerine Tango. :)


Card 7: Once again, I created a very simple card and let the color do the work. I enjoyed pulling out the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and butterfly punches,


Card 8: Pretty much the same as Card 7 except for the (less orange!) colors.


Card 9: With banners being all the rage, I decided to use up some narrow scraps to create this fun card. I used a bone folder to curl the banners outward for a fun effect.


Card 10: This is my favorite in this batch of cards. I think the three little bits of bling add so much to an already-fun card.


If you have any questions about these cards, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you right away. I'd also be tickled pink to get your feedback! I hope you had as much fun looking at these cards as I did making them!

Next post: Cards made using Washi Tape. I think you'll be surprised at some of the ideas I came up with!

Bright smiles,
Joyce Spear (a.k.a. StamperJoyce)
         

2 comments:

christina d said...

Beautiful cards!! You did great again!

Linda Kilsdonk said...

Joyce, your cards are absolutely wonderful -- each and every one of them! What a great challenge you set for yourself. Beautiful job!