Thursday, February 27, 2014

Good As Gold

I was rather intrigued when I saw the Good As Gold card kit in the Sale-a-bration brochure. I prefer making my own cards from scratch, but there are still times when I need a no-brainer project to do.

Well, one of those times came a couple of weeks ago, and luckily I had this kit on hand. The kit comes with supplies enough to make eight 3.5" x 5" cards and coordinating envelopes -- if you follow the directions. Of course I didn't follow them exactly, so I got more than that; and not one of them look like the suggested picture.

Card 1:

Card 2:

Card 3:

Card 4:

Card 5:

Card 6:

Card 7:

Card 8:

Most of the cards above use the same kit pieces but are arranged differently. I love that sentiments in French and German are also included, and I decided to use all three languages on some of the cards. I neglected to take photos of the insides of the cards, but they all have at least one banner and one gold star. The envelopes are Sahara Sand with a gold foil liner to match the cards. (What else would you expect from Stampin' Up!?)

Notice something different about card 8? It's true confession time: Only *I* could screw up a kit card, LOL! Enough time has passed that I don't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I do remember it was something on the inside; and to fix it I ended up taking the card base and cutting it in half, then mounting part of it on a Basic Black card base. Now since the original card bases have the print on both front and back, I was left with an extra panel to work with... which brings us to 

Card 9:

It's a regular A2 card using the printed panel on just part of the front! The adorable cow is an image that someone stamped off for me a long time ago. I had it on my desk since I was going through a bag of pre-stamped images in preparation for another swap coming up, and I got the giggles when the thought occurred to me to use it here. The green ribbon is this year's In Colors ruffled stretch trim in Pistachio Pudding. The gold foil on the pattern really dresses the card up and gets your attention, while the cow just makes you laugh!

I had a lot of fun playing with this kit, so much so that I hope to get my hands on another kit. I'm not a big fan of the smaller card size, so it's safe to say I will be cutting up the card bases to make more A2s. I can think of plenty of was to use the gold foil envelope liners and envelopes separately, as well as all the other materials in the kit.

If you're interested in getting the Good As Gold kit free as a Sale-a-bration gift, just contact me (or your own demonstrator if you have one) to find out how to qualify. Sale-a-bration comes only once a year and concludes at the end of March, so don't miss out on the opportunity to get a freebie with every $50 of product you purchase.

with Smiles as Good As Gold,
Joyce Spear, a.k.a. StamperJoyce
         

1 comment:

christina d said...

Your cards are great. I love how you used all the language banners. More case-ing for me, lol! The cow is my fave though even if it was a leftover.