Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cotton Candy Cards

After yesterday's monochromatic cards, I thought I'd mix things up a bit today while working again with the Flowers for You designer series double-sided paper. Looking at these two completed cards, I realized that they remind me of cotton candy because of the color combination (primarily Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, and Regal Rose)!



Can you tell I *really* like this quotation by Rumi? It'll probably keep showing up until the borrowed stamp returns to its home in North Carolina. Since I had the Three For You punch box kit within arm's reach, I had at it with the flower trio punch -- and I still can't believe I found turquoise brads in my stash!






I made this next card using scraps from all the Flowers For You paper I chopped up over the last several days. This is twice in a row where I like the scraps card from DSP almost (almost) better than the rest of the cards! (The Western Sky scraps card from last week is still one of my all-time favorites.) The Regal Rose Flower is from the Just Like You set, and the words are from Sweet Serendipity.






Looking ahead: I think (although this isn't carved in stone) that it's time to work with the die-cut Blooms from the Occasions mini catalog. I "built" a whole bunch of flowers with them last Wednesday (see the March 19th post), and now they're begging me to be used!


No comments: