Friday, March 14, 2008

French Flair Crayon Resist

My friend and upline Hewitt asked me to make a card for her similar to a card by Diane Mello she had seen in one of our Yahoo! groups, and I accepted her challenge.



I used the Crayon Resist technique, which goes like this:

1. Stamp image (SU!'s French Flair background) in black on glossy white cardstock.

2. Highlight parts of the image with white crayon.

3. Sponge over the image using a variety of colors.

4. Wipe down the image with paper towel or tissue to remove the ink from the crayon wax.



I used YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, and Green Galore for sponging. I matted the image on black and then placed it on a Green Galore card base. The "wish" (from SU!'s Small Script set) is three layers of circle punches attached to the card with a black pop dot.



Thanks, Hewitt, for getting me to expand my horizons a bit with this project!




No comments: