Friday, March 21, 2008

Got the Blues

I played around today with a sample of double-sided designer paper (Western Sky, to be exact) and some of my newest stamp sets. In keeping with the colors on the DSP, I worked mostly with Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, River Rock, and (eventually) Ruby Red. I also broke open my Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon.



The quote on this first card is a sticker from Wordsworth.






I used the Paisley background stamp on this next card. The scallops on the right edge of the card were made using the 3/16" corner rounder punch minus the paper guide. Cool, huh? The Rumi quote is by Hampton Art Stamps.






Another card with a Wordsworth quotation sticker...






The "Happy Hellos" is markered/huffed with one of the stamps from the Lots of Thoughts Sale-a-Bration set. I just love using the Paisley background with Soft Sky ink on Soft Sky paper!






Another Rumi quote card, this time with the Canvas background stamp in Blue Bayou on Blue Bayou. I really got into the scallops on this one. The posies were made using the Three For You punch box kit.






You know, I hardly ever make birthday cards, and I don't know why. The So Many Scallops Sale-a-Bration set made this card easy. I'm really happy with the background made with the Spot On jumbo wheel, which seems quite versatile.






And finally, after a day of the blues, I flipped over a piece of the double-sided paper and made a card in Ruby Red and River Rock.







And now.... I'm ready for bed!


No comments: