Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Design Idea from a Friend

One of my computer friends saw an idea on the DIY Network and drew it out so that I could make a card out of the template. (You can find what she saw here: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=676baa0b09516110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&xsc=diy_network)



I waaaaay simplified it and made the following two cards using the Flowers for You DSP.



The central image on this card is stamped with the Just Like You SU! set. The center seemed a bit flat compared to the window and rest of the card, so I cut out another butterfly and glued it on top of the orginal to make it three-dimensional. I added some doodles around the edge of the center, and here's how it came out:






The second card is very similar, except for the central image I used a Hero Arts stamp "Cute Cat" which I colored with markers. Once again I stamped and colored a second cat and glued it on top of the first, bending the ears and tail out a bit to add some depth.






Thank you, Nikki, for the idea!!


1 comment:

Katie Kleber said...

damn, it's been a long time since i checked out your blog...you have dome some really neat things! I am impressed. you do such good work, joyce. keep it up! i look forward to seeing more.

love, k