Sunday, April 27, 2008

Found My Mind, Clowning Around

I dug down deep and came up with these two cards for the SU! Clowning Around set. Colors are Lovely Lilac, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery -- to match the Flowers for You designer series paper which I used on the second card.



This first card seems kinda blah to me, probably because I have never used a quarter sheet of Whisper White at one time on a card; but I really wanted to put two clowns on the same front panel. I stamped the tall clown in regal rose and then paper pieced his turquoise pants. Same idea with the second clown. I added some colored brads and doodle dots, but the card still seems rather simplistic. I used the Spot On jumbo wheel on the entire card base, front and back, so the card looks more complete when you see the whole thing. Rather than waste any more time on a card that was putting me to sleep, I moved on...






I like this second card LOTS better! The clown is markered this time to make a much more colorful character than on the first card. I don't usually mess with designer paper, but I got brave today and ran the Spot On jumbo wheel over it. The Happy Hellos greeting is layered on a scalloped circle raised with Stampin' Dimensionals. The pink brads holding the clown's suspenders add a little more dimension.






Starting today, I will be moderating comments on this blog. I've been getting spam comments as well as some unkind and inappropriate words, so I think it's time for me to take a little more control. Sorry folks! Your comments about these cards and stamping in general are more than welcome (and much appreciated), but there will be a short delay before they show up publicly.


No comments: