Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Not Tired of Happy Dancing!

I have MORE new stuff to show you! But first things first: As promised, here is a pic of my freshly assembled Color Caddy which I'm using to hold my Stampin' Up! Craft/pigment pads. I've put inkpads from the four color families where they belong, and (because I bought the Extender Kit) I have more slots left over at the bottom for the Neutrals (black, white, vanilla, etc.) I haven't put anything into the tray on top yet, but my hope is to get craft ink refills for all of the inkpads and have them in reach right there. I already have the 12 reinkers for the Soft Subtles group because those are the pads that seem the thirstiest.






I debated about purchasing this next item for some time. Copics (alcohol-based artist quality markers) are all the rage right now in the rubberstamping world, but I'm not generally one to jump on the bandwagon unless it's something I feel strongly about. I don't do a lot of coloring of stamped images, mostly because I get frustrated with how blotchy they look when I use the SU! markers; and I'm rarely satisfied with stuff I color using blender pens or an AquaPainter. (Maybe with more practice... but there are other things I'd rather do than color.)



Anyway, I stumbled across a website that's offering Copics for an unusually low price until March 1st, so I decided to take the plunge and buy a small set of the Original style of markers just to see if I like them. My initial impression is that they remind me a lot of the Studio II markers that were hot back in the early 90's but then disappeared from the store shelves and I could never find refill inks. I loved my Studio IIs -- and I think I'm gonna love these Copics! They ain't cheap, but (naturally) there's a million colors to choose from in the event I feel the need to expand my range of colors. I like that I have the option of combining Copics with other mediums such as colored pencils. No doubt I'll be writing more about these markers as time goes on.






I also purchased a good quality set of glitter pens from the same website. Most of my other glitter gel pens have died because I didn't learn until it was too late that they should be stored horizontally.






I believe this is the last of my splurges for awhile. The only thing I'm waiting for right now is the new circle cutter from SU! which is on backorder; and I'll post pics of that when it arrives.



I've spent the day so far assembling the stamp sets that arrived yesterday while playing a slots game on Pogo -- Whew! Multi-tasking is hard work! I've got a million bazillion ideas floating around in my head, but I plan to spend the rest of the day getting all this new stuff organized so that I can buckle down and really start cranking out some cards and projects. The hardest part, I think, will be deciding which of my new stuff to play with first! Stay tuned for further developments...


1 comment:

rush8888 said...

you may eventually get tired of happy dancing, but it will take awhile for me to go from green with envy to my usual color. i DO live vicariously through you! enjoy the goodies, and don't make me come up there!