Thursday, October 15, 2009

Falling Leaves

I switched gears from making Halloween cards to cards with an Autumn theme. I was going for a generically autumn feel rather than Thanksgiving-y, but I think the "Thankful Thoughts of You" sentiment could be taken either way.










This last card is a little bit different. I splurged and got some Sizzlets dies, one of which is the Flower Blossom. The only stamping on the card is the sentiment; everything else was done with punches or the Big Shot.


Supplies Used Today:
Stamp Sets - Falling Leaves, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Grateful Greetings
Colors - Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
Punches - Word Window, Oval, Scalloped Oval, small and large Squares, hand-held hole punch
Big Shot - Texturz Plates, Flower Blossom Sizzlet
And - In Color markers, In Color Polka Dotted Grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects

****************************

Personal stuff... (feel free to skip):

Today is the first day I've had in weeks all to myself -- no nurse, no aide, no visitors, no pressing personal business -- just peace and quiet and quality time with my stamps.

And then the phone rang. It was my case manager from my mental health agency, and she dropped a big bomb on me. Because I don't qualify for Medicaid and have only Medicare, I'm being dropped as a client due to budget cuts. In addition to losing both my case managers, this could result in me losing my Section 8 housing, my psychiatrist and access to my psych meds, and ... well, let's just say it gets real messy. I've been bawling my eyes out for an hour. I know it's fear that's taking hold, but at times like this it is really hard to trust the Universe and believe that I will have what I need.

Guess I will simply wait and see what happens, as there is nothing I can do today, right now. It's all out of my hands. And, worst case scenario, I've been homeless before and survived, so while what happens next may be inconvenient, it is not life-threatening.

I guess I better get in all the stamping I can before "things" start to happen... you know, enjoy my blessings while I have them.

4 comments:

Tena said...

I am so sorry to hear about your issues. I firmly believe things happen for a reason and there is some reason unbeknownst to you as of yet that this happening. I feel very sure that things will work for you.
Your cards are beautiful and you are too. It shows in your work. May God bless you.

christina d said...

I have to agree with Tena. What will be will be, even though it hurts right now. Let me know what happens. Enough now, I love your cards. The leaf cards are so pretty and I love the one with the blossoms!

Jackie Ray said...

You are so talented! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Janice Webb said...

Aloha Joyce, I stopped by your blog because of your email about liking my 'Knock Off' card.

I am so unbelievably sorry to hear what is happening to you. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

I am like you---cry until you cannot cry anymore and then deal with what has been thrown at you.

I am sending a BIG HUG your way and pray that the next time your phone rings it will be about news that will cheer your heart.

Take care,

Aloha Jan