Monday, October 5, 2009

Roof Garden (Blast from the Past)

My butt's been dragging in a major way thanks to the change I'm making to a new insulin regimen. I haven't been able to sleep well, but neither have I been able to focus to get much done. I was in the throes of frustration this afternoon when the mailman dropped off a couple packages for me, immediately improving my mood. One package was a share of the three AWESOME designer series papers in the current Holiday Mini catalog. Drool!! The other box contained two retired stamps sets (Alphabits and Zoofari) that I got at a price that made me smile... PLUS a kit based on the Roof Garden Accents and Elements from a previous catalog.

Yeah, yeah, I know... who gets excited about retired stuff? Well, ME! I ripped into the kit like a kid at Christmas -- ahhhh, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze. Instantly I felt better. You know how that goes, don't you, when old friends come back and evoke that warm, cozy, familiar feeling? I made a gob of cards using Roof Garden back in Spring, so I knew I could whip through today's kit in no time and make some darn good cards, only this time using a stamp set I didn't have back then as well as some different accessories. I used the layouts shown in the kit as a starting point, but then strayed off the beaten path a bit.

Not Quite Navy and Basic Gray are colors that I tend to neglect, so today's exercise rekindled my interest in them, which I'm sure will show in the cards I make over the next few weeks.

I'm tired and I'm rambling. How about I just shut up and show you what I did?

Stamp Set: Heard from the Heart
Colors: Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
And: Roof Garden (retired), Scallop Border punch, Horizontal Slot punch*, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, retired Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss ribbon, retired Kiwi Kiss button, current Whisper White Button Latte button

[*Hey, did you know that when you turn this punch around, it becomes a Vertical Slot punch? LOL]

And without further ado, the pretty pictures:












Here's hoping for a good night's sleep! Tomorrow's going to be another fun day, complete with a Depo-Provera shot and a mammogram. Woohoo.

2 comments:

christina d said...

Love the cards! They are so pretty. Hope the doctors visit goes well and they don't squish them too much!

rush8888 said...

receiving packages of new stuffs makes me want to take a nap so that i am refreshed and can go at it when i wake up! i think we all have a tendency to forget about the different papers we have until we start digging around. g'girl on the mammo! hope it went well and there are no "results" to be of concern.