Monday, October 12, 2009

Inspired by Nature

I can't believe I've had this stamp set since it came out, and this is the first time I've used it! I pulled it out because I was requested to make a birthday card for a friend for someone who likes silhouetted images. Stampin' Up! provides several sets that meet that criteria, but I was most eager to finally use the set Inspired by Nature. And what better birthday reminder than to "Live with Passion"?

The card is quite simple, but it's the coloring that makes it so striking. I used a piece of my handpainted paper (last month's obsession) and embossed the flowers and the sentiment using black craft ink and clear embossing powder. I layered the main image on black, and then layered all that on a card base of Blush Blossom.


I feel like life's been moving top speed for the last couple weeks, so I'm looking forward to a relatively quiet week with no doctor appointments, no pressing errands, and no visitors other than my home health aide and nurse. It's a good thing I have a bit of quiet because I've been feeling run down and frazzled. I'm hoping some quiet, some extra sleep, and some serious stamping will bring me back to my usual effervescent self.

Peace to you,
Joyce Spear, a.k.a. StamperJoyce

1 comment:

christina d said...

I liked this card when I first saw it. It really is a pretty card.