Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun with All Hallow's Eve

I slept all day yesterday because I wasn't feeling good (more on that after the stamping stuff), and so was up all night stamping while playing on Pogo games (another obsession of mine, lol). I wanted to make some quick Halloween cards for the Ronald McDonald House kids, and so decided to work with the tres cool All Hallow's Eve background-sized stamp and the Scary Skeleton set.

I received the Scary Skeleton set (which I won as blog candy from Rachel Brumley) yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't figure out why it looked so familiar to me until I grabbed All Hallow's Eve and saw that the images match! Look!


How cool is that?

The cards I made were super simple. I brayered from a multicolored ink pad onto the All Hallow's Eve stamp, stamped onto Whisper White, trimmed and sponged the edges, then layered the resulting images onto several shades of violet card bases (since I couldn't decide between Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac, or Elegant Eggplant). Next I made a couple more cards doing the same thing again, only with Basic Gray and Basic Black. I had intended to layer the "Goblin Greetings" from the Grateful Greetings set onto the front, but decided that it would block too many details of the neat picture, so I just quickly stamped it in a darker color over the picture so it would stand out a bit.






For the inside, I sponged the edges of a piece of Whisper White and stamped a couple images from the Scary Skeleton set.


I'm still toying with the idea of pulling out my Stampin' Pastels to color the witch green and add a few other spots of color... or maybe I'll do that next time around.

I still have a gazillion Halloween cards in my head that I want to make this year, but now that my sleep schedule is all messed up, I'm not sure if I'll get to them all in time for this week's mailing. We'll see.

I mentioned earlier that I haven't been feeling too great lately, probably the result of a change in how my diabetes is being treated. I recently switched from taking a large dose of insulin at bedtime to taking smaller shots before every meal. Well, in talking with my doctor on the phone this afternoon, she audibly GASP!ed when she realized that I had misunderstood her directions and had stopped taking the bedtime insulin. Her intent was for me to continue the bedtime shots and take the mealtime shots in addition to them. No wonder my blood sugars have been so high and I've been feeling so lousy! Armed with this bit of knowledge and a lot more insulin, I think I'll be feeling better within the next few days. Hooray!

Feeling better means more energy for stamping, so stay tuned to see what "stuff" I come up with later this week!

3 comments:

Rachel Brumley said...

Joyce

Nice job on the cards! I love that background stamp - is it a retired SU stamp?

Thanks for the plug!

And I hope you are feeling better.

Rachel

christina d said...

The cards are great. I agree, a touch of color would be cute.
I'm glad you finally have the insulin under control!

rush8888 said...

you scairt me! hope the insulin change will get you right back to feeling better.